LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Lynchburg Police have released the identity of the driver who died after crashing into an electric pole following a police chase Tuesday.
Montez Jefferson, 29, of Concord, crashed near 7th and Federal Streets.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department Community Relations Coordinator Carrie Dungan, an officer was pursuing a car on Dec. 18 but ended the chase after an officer’s vehicle experienced a “technical issue with his vehicle.”
“After the officer ended the pursuit, the driver of the other vehicle crashed, flipped and landed into a utility pole and caught fire near the intersection of 7th and Federal Streets,” Dungan told WFXR by email.
Jefferson was transported to the hospital and later died of his injuries.
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Local ministry sponsors ‘Big Food Giveaway/Prayer Vigil’ in Danville