LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Lynchburg Police have released the identity of the driver who died after crashing into an electric pole following a police chase Tuesday.
Montez Jefferson, 29, of Concord, crashed near 7th and Federal Streets.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department Community Relations Coordinator Carrie Dungan, an officer was pursuing a car on Dec. 18 but ended the chase after an officer’s vehicle experienced a “technical issue with his vehicle.”
“After the officer ended the pursuit, the driver of the other vehicle crashed, flipped and landed into a utility pole and caught fire near the intersection of 7th and Federal Streets,” Dungan told WFXR by email.
Jefferson was transported to the hospital and later died of his injuries.
- “A life that I always wanted, but couldn’t have”: Residents rally behind Roanoke man in time for the holidays
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 7
- Lynchburg Police investigate shooting on Old Forest Road
- College students in the New River Valley discuss COVID-19 impacts on travel plans
- Hokies All Access – Boston College recap, Wake Forest preview, Hokies get out to vote push, Virginia Tech athletics #Love Initiative