LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — With the recent tensions in the Middle East, Lynchburg Police pause to think of a fellow officer and his family who has been deployed overseas since September.
“Our number one duty is partnering with and protecting our community; however, we always make sure to take care of our families as well,” read the department’s Facebook page.
When in Lynchburg, Officer Gary Takacs is the SRO for Dunbar Middle School.
Pictures show the kids of Officer Takacs who serves in the Air Force Reserves accepting Christmas gifts.
Carrie Dungan, Lynchburg Police Department’s Community Relations Coordinators said he is not part of the recent deployment that occurred this week with the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division.
“We have several LPD officers who are in various reserve units but no one else is deployed right now,” she said.
- Local Salem Red Sox chef steps up to the plate
- Roanoke Police investigate crash involving two police cruisers
- U.S. Naval Air Forces say aircrew did not survive plane crash in Magnolia Springs
- Amarah Lane’s memory honored with diaper bag giveaway; family files lawsuit against Lynchburg Social Services
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination