LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department received information about an accusation related to an arrest and taser deployment in the area of Old Forest Road Tuesday evening.
According to the department’s news release on Wednesday, June 3, the preliminary investigation indicates no Lynchburg police officers had any interactions with anyone in the Old Forest Road area during the time frame of the accusation. However, the investigation is still ongoing.
“We will continue to investigate every aspect of this accusation and if we find additional information that does indicate this event took place, the officers will be held accountable,” department officials stated in Wednesday’s release. “The alleged behavior is not tolerated at the Lynchburg Police Department.”
If you have any information related to this accusation, you are asked to call the Professional Standards Department at (434) 455-6052.
WFXR News will continue to bring you updates as they come in.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery