LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Parks and Recreation Department says some of the area’s park are undergoing repairs.
The basketball courts at the following parks need armor crack repair, new polycarbonate backboards, and complete resurfacing, according to the department:
- Biggers Park, located at the corner of Fifth and Clay Streets in downtown Lynchburg
- Miller Park, located on Park Avenue in the central portion of the City
- Fort Avenue, located at the corner of Fort and Randolph Lane, across from the Fire Station
- Riverside Park, located on Rivermont Avenue
- New goalposts are also being installed at Fort Avenue and Biggers Park.
The courts have signs and caution markers posted. The parks department asks the public to adhere to the posted warnings. For more information, call (434) 455-5787, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pinpoint Weather: A chilly start!
- One person hurt after overnight shooting in southeast Roanoke, police say
- Spring classes at Virginia community colleges to stay online
- Student tests positive for COVID-19 at Glenvar High School in Roanoke County
- Police investigate shooting in South Boston after victim arrives at hospital for treatment, second shooting occurs shortly after