LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Lynchburg Parks and Recreation is collecting items that can be used by homeless residents to keep warm during the winter.
The agency is accepting hand warmers, hand sanitizers, wipes, tissues, first aid kits, thick socks, blankets, travel pillow, and hygiene products. Monetary contributions will also be accepted to purchase necessary items.
Donations are being accepted until January as part of the second annual “Blessing Bags for the Homeless Drive” in partnership with Miriam’s House, the parks and recreation department said in a statement.
Collection boxes are located at Templeton Senior Center, located at 225 Wigginton Rd., and Miller Center at 301 Grove St.
Bags will be assembled Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 2-3 p.m. at the Templeton Senior Center. The bags will be dropped off at Miriam’s House, which will distribute the bags as part of its Street Outreach program in Lynchburg.
- USOPC opens books, gives more detail about sports funding
- Men’s Wearhouse files for bankruptcy
- Campbell Co Registrar trying to double the number of election officials before November
- State Police issue Senior Alert for missing Loudoun County man
- Arkansas man plants mystery seeds from China, says they’re ‘growing like crazy’