LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Lynchburg Parks and Recreation is collecting items that can be used by homeless residents to keep warm during the winter.
The agency is accepting hand warmers, hand sanitizers, wipes, tissues, first aid kits, thick socks, blankets, travel pillow, and hygiene products. Monetary contributions will also be accepted to purchase necessary items.
Donations are being accepted until January as part of the second annual “Blessing Bags for the Homeless Drive” in partnership with Miriam’s House, the parks and recreation department said in a statement.
Collection boxes are located at Templeton Senior Center, located at 225 Wigginton Rd., and Miller Center at 301 Grove St.
Bags will be assembled Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 2-3 p.m. at the Templeton Senior Center. The bags will be dropped off at Miriam’s House, which will distribute the bags as part of its Street Outreach program in Lynchburg.
- Area students honor MLK Day with service to Roanoke community
- George Kittle celebrates 49ers’ win with topless Jimmy G shirt
- Manhunt underway in Rockbridge County for armed individual; residents urged to lock doors
- Lynchburg Community Council hosts annual MLK Day breakfast
- Cold nights and chilly days