LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Lynchburg police have a man in custody after they say, he held a female against her will and assaulted her.
On Saturday afternoon at 4:50 p.m., officers with the Lynchburg Police Department responded to the 1300 block of Church Street for a “trouble unknown” call.
Police say Eric Weber, 46, of Lynchburg, barricaded himself on top of a hill at 13th and Main Streets. Members of the Crisis Negotiation Team with the Lynchburg Police Department spoke with the man for more than two hours until Weber came down and was taken into custody.
Weber is being charged with assault and battery, abduction and preventing someone from calling law enforcement.
This is an ongoing investigation.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you are urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
- VDH turning focus to contact tracing in hopes of containing COVID-19
- Feeding Southwest Virginia implements new changes to Summer Food Service Program amid COVID-19
- Becca Burns beats cancer twice and writes a book on the subject
- Blacksburg native Lanto Griffin wants to give back
- High School Fall Sports in Virginia are in limbo