LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Lynchburg police have a man in custody after they say, he held a female against her will and assaulted her.
On Saturday afternoon at 4:50 p.m., officers with the Lynchburg Police Department responded to the 1300 block of Church Street for a “trouble unknown” call.
Police say Eric Weber, 46, of Lynchburg, barricaded himself on top of a hill at 13th and Main Streets. Members of the Crisis Negotiation Team with the Lynchburg Police Department spoke with the man for more than two hours until Weber came down and was taken into custody.
Weber is being charged with assault and battery, abduction and preventing someone from calling law enforcement.
This is an ongoing investigation.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you are urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
- Time to fire up the grill! Make sure to follow these grilling safety tips this spring and summer
- Lynchburg dominates Hampden-Sydney to advance to ODAC final
- Patrick Henry signings feature Duke and VMI commits
- “We need help”: Roanoke restaurants struggling to hire workers
- Pulaski County animal rescue seeking donations for dog shot three times