LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – At the Aug. 4 meeting, the Lynchburg City School Board approved the recommendation of Superintendent Dr. Crystal Edwards in hiring Amy Pugh as the district’s Deputy Superintendent.
Pugh has served as the Director of Information Technology for Lynchburg City Schools since 2018 where she has led a staff of 30 whose roles included instructional technology, support technology, and data processing.
She also managed a $2 million department budget aimed at best-serving the standards of staff and students of Lynchburg City Schools through the use of technology.
Pugh’s leadership skills include strategic planning, communication and instructional coaching.
Before arriving at Lynchburg City Schools, Pugh served as the Chief Information Technology Officer at Pewaukee School District for nine years and has also served as an Instructional Specialist and elementary school teacher for Lynchburg City Schools.
Pugh has a B.A. in Music Education and an MEd. in Early Childhood Education from the University of Lynchburg. She has an MEd. in Educational Computing from Cardinal Stritch University.
- How weather impacts our fall foliage
- Hoffman reflects on long-awaited Hokies debut
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker