LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Several days after a Lynchburg man was charged in connection with a Saturday night crash that hospitalized a pedestrian, police announced that pedestrian had died.
The Lynchburg Police Department says officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of 12th Street shortly before 8 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 14, for a report about an injured person in the roadway.
According to police, they found a pedestrian on scene who had been hit by a vehicle while crossing 12th Street. The department says the victim was brought to Lynchburg General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
However, on Tuesday, Nov. 17, authorities announced the pedestrian involved in the crash — identified as 23-year-old Trinity Aikia Robinson of Lynchburg — had died.
As a result of the crash, police say 47-year-old Quintial Spinner of Lynchburg, was charged with DUI and driving while suspended.
If you have any information about this fatal crash — which is still an ongoing investigation — the Lynchburg Police Department asks that you call the Traffic Safety Unit at (434) 455-6047.
- “People shouldn’t live like this”: Residents frustrated about nearby landfill in Pittsylvania County
- Aluma’s double-double guides Tech to victory over VMI
- Liberty Defeats St. Francis in First Game at Liberty Arena
- Virginia Edged 71-67 by James Madison in Women’s Basketball
- Hokies All Access : Clemson Preview, Aisha Sheppard Profile, Justin Fuente talks about Thanksgiving, Villanova Upset