BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police have released the identity of a man who was killed in a crash Friday evening near Vinton.
According to Virginia State Police, Gerald W. Fairchild, 63, of Vinton was driving a 1994 Ford Econoline E150 van when it collided with a tractor-trailer that was stopped in the crossover on Route 24 to make a left turn onto Irene Drive.
Editor’s Note: In an article posted Friday night, WFXR News mentioned that the crash occurred in Roanoke County. However, due to incorrect information submitted to WFXR News, the crash actually occurred in Bedford County.
- VDH: Over 3K new COVID-19 cases, 10 new deaths since Friday
- Pinpoint Weather: A sunny start to the weekend with first taste of winter for some into early next week
- Pinpoint Weather: Mild and dry the rest of the weekend, rainy and windy on Monday
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at George Washington High School
- Blacksburg business reacts to second round of Blacksburg Bucks