CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — An Altavista woman is dead after being hit by a cab while walking along Route 29 in Campbell County early Monday morning.
Virginia State Police say they responded to a crash along Route 29 (Wards Road) just south of the Route 460 off ramp shortly after 1:15 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 16.
According to police, a pedestrian was walking in the left lane of Route 29 South before being struck by a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria cab, which was unable to avoid hitting the pedestrian.
Authorities say the Ford’s driver — identified as 55-year-old Orlando Harding of Lynchburg — was not injured in the crash and is not being charged.
However, Virginia State Police say the pedestrian — 26-year-old Jennifer E. Marsh of Altavista — died at the scene.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Crews battle house fire in NW Roanoke
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- VDH: J&J pause could last ‘days to weeks’; CDC confirms 45-year-old Virginia woman’s death under investigation
- Va. reports 12,000 ‘excess deaths’ during pandemic; Fatal overdose surge contributed
- Where does Virginia stand in new ‘best state’ poll?