AMHERST, Va. (WFXR) — Residents and business owners along North and South Main Street in the Town of Amherst can show off their Christmas spirit as part of this year’s Town of Amherst Reverse Christmas Parade.
Instead of parade floats or vehicles riding down the street, residents and spectators will drive by and admire the displays along Main Street on Dec. 4.
One-way southbound traffic will begin at the traffic circle ending at Ambriar Shopping Center; the northbound lane will be closed. There will be no parking on S. Main Street beginning at the traffic circle starting at 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 4.
The Town of Amherst asks residences and businesses to decorate and have any lights on no later than Dec. 3 for judging purposes. The use of lights is encouraged and the theme will be “Town of Amherst-An Old Fashion Christmas.” Rules include:
- Must stay within the confines of your area;
- Must maintain social distancing/wear face coverings; and
- Must not approach spectator vehicles. Foot traffic is prohibited during the reverse parade. Spectators viewing displays on foot and performers on foot are not allowed during the parade event.
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19
- Pinpoint Weather: Quiet Sunday before messy, colder weather moves in for the upcoming week