LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — From Tuesday through Friday, Lynchburg motorists should either seek alternate routes or expect detours due to the temporary closure of the D Street Bridge.
According to Lynchburg Water Resources, the D Street Bridge will be closed from :30 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day from Tuesday, Dec. 1 through Friday, Dec. 4, while crews from Lynchburg Water Resources and the Public Works Department install sewer service in the area.
Traffic will be detoured to Cabell Street and Victoria Avenue during this temporary closure.
Motorists are asked to be cautious and obey all temporary signage while traveling near the work zone.
- Police looking for driver who evaded authorities at high rate of speed in Montgomery County on Sunday night
- Inaugural day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Amherst County Schools confirm two new COVID-19 cases
- Free workshop shows how COVID restrictions correlate to trends in infections and deaths