LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – More than 15 months after an armed robbery at a convenience store in Lynchburg, police announced Thursday they took a teenager into custody in connection with the incident.
The Lynchburg Police Department says officers responded to the Sunrise Food Mart at 1201 Campbell Avenue on Aug. 10, 2019, for a report of an armed robbery.
Once on scene, a department K-9 tracked the suspects’ path and detectives discovered clothing that matched what the suspects were wearing, according to police.
The department says the clothing was sent to the Virginia Department of Forensic Science, which then matched the clothing to a boy who was 16-years-old at the time of the robbery.
Police say that teenager was taken into custody on Wednesday, Nov. 18, then charged with armed robbery and wearing a mask in public.
However, the department did not disclose the name of that individual.
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19
- Pinpoint Weather: Quiet Sunday before messy, colder weather moves in for the upcoming week