AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – VDOT has announced the much-anticipated sidewalk project along Route 29 Business in Amherst County will begin in January.
Construction will begin on Jan. 4, weather permitting, on Route 29 Business between Route 1054 (Lakeview Drive) to just north of Route 682 (Woodys Lake Road).
Motorists can expect lane closures and delays as crews work on this project.
Pedestrian detours will be provided during construction, except during Phase 4 where a pedestrian shuttle will be in use.
The phases of construction includes:
- Intersections of Route 29 Business and Routes 1054, 766 and 682.
- Southbound Route 29 Business between Routes 1054 and 766.
- Northbound Route 29 Business between Routes 1054 and 766.
- Northbound Route 29 Business between Routes 766 and 682.
The project is scheduled to be completed in November of 2021 and will improve pedestrian safety as well as motorists along the Route 29 Business corridor while also providing access to businesses along the route.
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- How much do tickets to Super Bowl LV in Tampa cost right now?
- NFC Matchups: Where else to start but Brady and Rodgers?
- Game of the Week: Patriots top Colonels in star city showdown
- Friday Night Blitz: Player of the Week, Daniel Pereira, Irakoze Donasiyano, and Tremaine Edmunds