APPOMATTOX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Deputies with the Appomattox County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Central Virginia Drug and Gang Task Force (CVDGTF), have been investigating multiple individuals on drug charges, including the distribution of methamphetamine.
The investigation revealed that individuals from neighboring counties were transporting large quantities of methamphetamine into Appomattox County where it was then broken down into smaller quantities and subsequently sold.
The investigation culminated on Thursday, May 6 with the execution of multiple narcotic-related search warrants within the county.
Authorities seized nearly $8,000 worth of methamphetamine, four firearms, and $16,949 in cash.
Seven individuals were charged with 17 felony charges, which include the following:
- Possession with the intent to distribute methamphetamine
- Distribution of a Schedule I/II drug while in possession of a firearm
- Possession of a Schedule I/II drug while in possession of a firearm
- Violent felon in possession of a firearm
- Possession of methamphetamine
- Child endangerment
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
Below are images of those who have been charged, provided by the Appomattox County Sheriff’s Office.