LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A local professional angler will be competing in the 2021 Major League Fishing (MLF) Bass Pro Tour season opener.
The season opener is set for March 21-26 at Sam Rayburn Reservoir in Jasper, Texas.
Among the 80 anglers competing in 2021 will be local professional angler David Dudley of Lynchburg, who will be competing in his 26th season as a professional angler – second on the MLF Bass Pro Tour. Dudley has career earnings of more than $4.1 million and will be looking to qualify for his second REDCREST championship.
“My goal this season is to give myself a shot at winning my fifth Angler of the Year title,” Dudley said. “We’re visiting some great fisheries and hitting them at the right time of the year. I feel most lakes will be falling into my wheelhouse and allow me to fish with one of my favorite techniques – the wacky worm.”
The top award at each Bass Pro Tour event is $100,000, with $300,000 going to the winner of the REDCREST 2022 championship event. Anglers are also competing to qualify each year for the General Tire Heavy Hitters all-star event, which showcases the pros with the highest cumulative weight from their single largest bass in each of the seven regular-season events.
The 2021 Bass Pro Tour features a field of 76 of the top professional anglers in the world – joined at each event by 4 pros that qualify from the Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit – competing across seven regular-season tournaments around the country, competing for millions of dollars and valuable points to qualify for the annual Heavy Hitters all-star event and the REDCREST 2022 championship.
2021 MLF Bass Pro Tour Schedule
- March 21-26, 2021: Stage One at Sam Rayburn Reservoir in Jasper, Texas
- April 9-14, 2021: General Tire HEAVY HITTERS in Raleigh, N.C.
- April 30-May 5, 2021: Stage Two at Lake Travis in Austin, Texas
- May 21-26, 2021: Stage Three at Harris Chain of Lakes in Leesburg, Fla.
- June 4-9, 2021: Stage Four at Lake Chickamauga in Dayton, Tenn.
- June 25-30, 2021: Stage Five at St. Lawrence River in Massena, N.Y.
- Aug. 5-10, 2021: Stage Six at Lake Champlain in Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Sept. 10-15, 2021: Stage Seven at Lake St. Clair in St. Clair Shores, Mich.
- March 22-26, 2022: REDCREST 2022 at Grand Lake in Tulsa, Okla.
In accordance with COVID-19 protocols, attendance at Major League Fishing events is currently limited to competing anglers, essential staff, and media covering the event only. Fans are encouraged to follow the event online through the MLF NOW! live stream and SCORETRACKER coverage at MajorLeagueFishing.com.