BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Bedford woman was arrested on a murder charge after a man found bleeding outside his home early Wednesday morning died at the hospital.
The Bedford Police Department says officers were dispatched to 977 Salem Turnpike at approximately 1:10 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28, for a report of a man with a self-inflicted knife wound.
When police arrived on scene, they say they found 41-year-old George Lamont Turner bleeding from his chest outside his Bedford home. The officers reportedly started performing CPR until Bedford County Fire and Rescue arrived.
According to the department, Turner was brought to Bedford Memorial Hospital, where he later died from his injury.
After investigators determined the injury was caused by a woman in the house, police say they arrested 37-year-old Laurie Lynn Coleman from Bedford, for second-degree murder.
The Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority says Coleman is being held without bond at the Bedford Adult Detention Center. Her court date is set for 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 4, officials say.
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- A Floyd Christmas tree farm gears up for the holiday season
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress
- Roanoke Police release body cam footage of officer-involved shooting