BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — After extinguishing a fire at a local first responder’s home on Sunday, crews in Bedford County were dispatched to a vehicle crash with several people — including multiple children — trapped inside.
According to the Bedford Fire Department, units responded to the 3000 block of Bore Auger Road for a report of a vehicle crash with entrapment on Sunday, Dec. 27.
When crews arrived, they reportedly found a pickup overturned with children and at least one adult still inside the vehicle.
First responders quickly pulled the uninjured children from the vehicle, but fire officials say the adult occupant who had to be removed sustained minor injuries.
The department says crews responded to this crash shortly after clearing from the scene of a structure fire on Lookout Ridge Road, which destroyed the home of a member of the Stewartsville-Chamblissburg Volunteer Fire Department.
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- California stay-at-home orders lifted, state confirms
- In ambulances, an unseen, unwelcome passenger: COVID-19
- Las Vegas law allowing alcohol deliveries from restaurants, convenience stores goes into effect
- 15-year-old dies after fight in Louisiana Walmart; 4 girls arrested