LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Hurry, only 3 days left! If you have not participated already, the Lynchburg Fire Department (LFD) is still taking donations for its annual “Fill the Boot” campaign.
According to organizers, LFD is hoping to raise a record amount in their campaign to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association before it ends on Oct. 23.
If you would like to give, LFD is collecting donations at the following locations:
- Walmart/Sams Club parking lot on Wards Road
- Entrance to the Target shopping center on Wards Road
- Kroger supermarkets in Boonsboro and Timberlake
- Sheetz gas station on Route 221 next to Fire Station 7
- Fresh Market and Petsmart shopping center on Lakeside Drive
- Donations can also be given online here or with the QR code below
Organizers say this year, the goal is to reach $60,000, all of which will go toward people living with neuromuscular disease.
The Fill the Boot campaign originally began in 1954 as a partnership between MDA and the International Association of Firefighters. The campaign has raised millions nationwide to fund life-changing research and family services for those with Muscular Dystrophy.