BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — The Bedford County Sheriff’s Office has a new addition on the team!
Deputy Lawson and K-9 Toto have completed training at Shallow Creek Kennels in Pennsylvania and have return to Virginia.
The training consisted of 300 hours of classroom and practical instructions during their six-week class. The team is now certified with the North American Police Work Dog Association. This K9 team is a dual purpose Patrol/Narcotics Detection team.
The Sheriff’s Office says they “look forward to their success.”
- Use of force expert says Windsor traffic stop involving Lt. Nazario was excessive force
- Virginia State University responds to treatment of alumnus Lt. Caron Nazario by police
- Isle of Wight and Virginia NAACP hold press conference on Lt. Caron Nazario & police brutality
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Jack Brown’s receives high distinction for its famous burgers