BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — A man faces multiple charges after police say he stabbed a woman in Bedford Monday afternoon.
Police received a call just before 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23, for a report of a fight outside a business at the corner of Oakwood Street and Longwood Avenue.
Bedford Police Chief Todd Foreman describes the incident as a domestic situation that turned violent.
The woman who was stabbed was flown to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment, but the extent of her injuries is unknown at this time.
Meanwhile, police arrested 42-year-old Ryan Crenshaw, who witnesses describe as the victim’s boyfriend.
According to the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority, Crenshaw is being held at the Bedford Adult Detention Center while awaiting trial for malicious wounding and kidnapping charges.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration