LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The City of Lynchburg Public Works Department wants to help people properly recycle and dispose of hazardous waste and electronics.
On Saturday, June 11, you can bring the items you would like to recycle to the Concord Turnpike Convenience Center at 2525 Concord Turnpike between 8 a.m. and noon.
This event is free for residents of Lynchburg, Amherst County, and Campbell County only. Lynchburg and Campbell County residents must complete the Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Verification Form.
Amherst County residents are asked to contact the Amherst County Public Works at 434-846-3324 for a voucher, which is required when you arrive at the center.
Before heading to the center, here are a few things you will need to know:
- Residents must bring a valid photo ID
- Participants may not exit their vehicle upon arrival and are encouraged to wear face masks
- All small items must be placed in non-returnable containers at the back of your vehicle
- Items must be inside your car. no trailers or box trucks
Acceptable hazardous materials include but are not limited to:
- Light bulbs
- Brake fluids
- Furniture stripper
Acceptable electronics include but are not limited to:
- Toner/ink cartridges
- Computer monitors
- Televisions (console, plasma, projection screens, etc.)
- Laptop computers
Unacceptable items for collection include but are not limited to:
- Latex paint
- Agent Orange
- General household garbage
- Smoke detectors
For more information on the event, as well as a full list of acceptable and non-acceptable items for collection, check out the City of Lynchburg’s website. or you can call 434-856-2489.
The next collection will be held on Saturday, Oct. 8.