LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Officers with the Lynchburg Police Department are investigating a shooting that took place Saturday afternoon in the 2100 block of Main Street.
According to police, the incident occurred shortly before 4:15 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21.
Police say one individual suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the leg and was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital for treatment.
A suspect has not yet been identified in the case.
The investigation into the shooting continues.
If you have any information about the shooting, you are asked to call Detective Scott at (434) 455-6174 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
- ‘I couldn’t be more proud’: Family watches Ryan Crouser win gold
- Democrat and Republican senators pile on the pressure to declassify 9/11 secrets
- Infrastructure bill a “shot in the arm” for rural high speed internet expansion
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Botetourt County Department of Fire and EMS on scene of a fire involving a mobile home