LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Officials with the City of Lynchburg are announcing the temporary closure of 12th Street.
On Friday, Nov. 20 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., a portion of 12th Street will temporarily close for bridge repairs.
Specifically, the closure will emanate at 12th and Kemper Streets.
Motorists on 12th Street heading towards Kemper Street will be allowed to drive through; however, motorists on 12th Street driving towards Langhorne Road will be detoured.
A map of the detour is below.
Motorists should expect minor delays while traveling in this area and should be mindful of traffic pattern changes and obey temporary signage.
- Viral sensation who sleeps in animal shelters to comfort homeless pets visiting Roanoke Valley SPCA on Thursday
- First responders rescue family dog while battling Grayson County house fire Wednesday
- Halifax County Public Schools to operate in ‘fully distance format’ until Dec. 11 due to community COVID-19 spread
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan