LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — More than 400 Liberty University students have signed a petition calling for the Falkirk Center to be shut down.
The Center is a conservative think-tank created by former University president Jerry Falwell, Jr. and right-wing activist Charlie Kirk.
The petition organizer says that the University aligning itself with a political movement goes against the school’s founding principals.
“We want this to be known as a gospel-centered movement,” said Matt Morris, a freshman at Liberty, “because for far too long, Falkirk Center has abused the gospel as a tool for advancing their political and cultural opinions.”
He says he has the support of the Student Government Association. They hope to argue their case in front of the administration next semester.
WFXR News has reached out to Scott Lamb, Liberty University’s spokesperson, for comment, but have not yet received a response.
- Hokies All Access (Jan. 21, 2021): Discussing Virginia Tech men’s and women’s basketball, catching up with Jeff Charles and Coach’s Corner
- Roanoke College prepares for spring 2021 semester after delayed start
- Wanted fugitive arrested by Carroll County deputies
- Deputy Chief of Lynchburg Police Department appointed to esteemed crime prevention committee
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden