LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A Liberty University graduate has written his memoir about his life as a refugee after fleeing the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Growing up, Emmanuel Ntibonera didn’t own a pair of shoes until he was 10 years old.
It inspired him in 2017 to collect tens of thousands of shoes, with the help of basketball star Steph Currey, and send them back to his home country.
“Hope. Patience. Resilience. Trusting in the Lord,” he told WFXR News on Friday, Oct. 16. “Don’t give up in life. I also show people how god can get you from nothing to something. And also, for those people interested in human rights, global issues, and things going on around the world, this is the right book to get.”
The book, “Congo Sole,” is available now wherever books are sold.
- Exploring the history and significance of Confederate Statues on Stronger Together
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- New River Valley Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast
- Central Virginia Forecast