LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Santa’s sleigh has arrived early at the River Ridge Mall and the holiday spirit is in the air.
River Ridge Mall kicks off this year’s Delightfully Campaign. They say this season welcomes a new Santa set, a $600 prize, and a series of performers.
“Every year we look forward to our holiday celebrations, and we’re proud to be a part of decades worth of tradition,” said Melissa Faria, general manager at River Ridge.
According to a press release, the mall is partnering with Salvation Army to host its Angel Tree. They say the mall has been hosting the angel tree for more than 40 years each season. Each angel on the tree represents a gift for a child in need.
They say participants can enter the contest by scanning one of the QR codes throughout the mall for a chance to win $600.
The mall will have a digital cookie decorating contest and a Sounds of the Season Holiday concert series. The Sounds of the Season holiday concert schedule is listed below.
- Liberty University Ensembles – Sunday, Dec. 4 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Merry Tuba Christmas – Sunday, Dec. 11 at 4 p.m.
- Thomas Road Baptist Church Good News Choir – Sunday, Dec. 18 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Central Virginia Community Wind Ensemble – Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra –Wednesday, Dec. 21 at 6 p.m.
“This season, we hope that you will find gifts and experience that Delightfully,” said Faria.