UPDATE 5:05 p.m.: The National Weather Service has canceled the Flash Flood Watch for areas around and downstream of the College Lake Dam and the Blackwater Creek.
The NWS says, “Dam operators at College Lake Dam on the Blackwater Creek reported that the Dam no longer poses a potential flood threat.”
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for potential failure of College Lake Dam in the Blackwater Creek in effect through Monday night.
The flash flood watch includes areas of Central Virginia — Lynchburg, Amherst, and Campbell Counties.
At 1:16 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 30, dam operators reported the College Lake Dam has a structural concern, and the areas downstream from the dam should be prepared for flooding.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration