(WFXR) – WFXR News has received reports about a large boom heard around the Lynchburg metro area, but what was it?
WFXR News called around and the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office is saying it was tannerite, an explosive that someone set off on their private property.
The lieutenant WFXR News spoke with said that there was nothing illegal about the incident.
- UPDATE: Man dies after Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- 11-year-old remembers his mother, Samantha Robinson, who was fatally shot in Lynchburg
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Radford residents react to Sunday morning shootings