RUSTBURG, Va. (WFXR) – The Campbell County Board of Supervisors have announced an expansion at Sonny Merryman, Inc. to include a new charging station for the sale and maintenance of its new electric buses.
Sonny Merryman, Inc. was founded in 1967 and has served as Virginia’s Bus Company for more than five decades.
The company originated as a mall bus and trailer business in Rustburg and has since grown into Virginia’s largest transportation dealer.
Sonny Merryman, Inc. has four locations and employs nearly 200 individuals.
In 2019, Sonny Merryman joined the electric bus business and gained a contract with Dominion Energy Virginia for the first phase of an electric school bus rollout in Virginia.
“We are excited to participate with Dominion Energy in bringing zero emission electric school buses to the Commonwealth of Virginia. This new technology is the future of surface transportation as we transition from fossil fuel burning vehicles to clean electric vehicles. We would like to thank the Campbell County Board of Supervisors and the Department of Economic Development for their assistance in the electric vehicle charging station project.”Floyd Merryman President and CEO of Sonny Merryman, Inc.
- California man recounts fighting off terrifying bee swarm that killed 2 dogs
- Athletes focus on Tokyo Games while avoiding shadow of COVID-19
- Movie Night in the Park to feature Disney Pixar’s ‘Onward’ at Roanoke’s Blue Ridge Park
- Missed deadline creates problems for Rocky Forge Wind Farm in Botetourt County
- Residents of flooded apartments in Lynchburg continue to receive hotel stays while city, building owners dispute liability