BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) – The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) has awarded the Bedford Police Department its first international accreditation certification.
The accreditation announcement comes after a panel interview by CALEA commissioners during a conference held virtually on Friday, Nov. 13 where Chief Todd Foreman and Accreditation Manager Kendall Herndon appeared before a three-member panel of CALEA commissioners to answer questions about the department’s recent June virtual on-site assessment.
According to a news release, the 47-page assessment report concluded that the Bedford Police Department is a very professional law enforcement agency committed to providing a high level of law enforcement services to the community.
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers work their way out of the region, slight rain chance lingers into Sunday
- New Wytheville treatment center combating substance abuse
- HSFB: Christiansburg at Lord Botetourt
- Rain halts Cup Series race in Martinsville; will resume Sunday
- Car crashes into northeast Roanoke building, one seriously injured