BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Bedford County Sheriff’s Office says a man is dead after being shot unintentionally on Wednesday, Oct. 14.
On Wednesday at approximately 5:12 p.m., Bedford County Dispatch received a call in the 2800 Block of Wheats Valley Road for an incident involving a firearm.
Authorities say Mathew Paul Beach, age 30 of Bedford, was unintentionally shot and died of his injuries.
The investigation will continue as the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office works with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office. At the end of the investigation, officials will determine if criminal charges will be pursued.
The Bedford County Sheriff’s Office has concluded that there is no continuing threat to the public.
- Dozens of fun weekend events to help ring in Halloween around southwest, central Virginia
- Clean Valley Council education program about river research
- 33 missing children recovered around Virginia through statewide law enforcement effort, “Operation Find Our Children”
- Exploring the history and significance of Confederate Statues on Stronger Together
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast