AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Officials with Amherst County Public Schools have confirmed that an individual at Monelison Middle School has tested positive for COVID-19.
The district mentions that the school will remain open at this time and have not confirmed whether or not the individual is a student.
In a media release, Amherst County Public Schools says that anyone who may have had close contact with this individual will be contacted by the Central Virginia Health Department and/or Amherst County Public Schools.
Those contacted will be asked to remain at home and monitor for symptoms of cough, shortness of breath or a temperature of at least 100.4°F and practice social distancing for 14 days from your last contact.
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19
- Pinpoint Weather: Quiet Sunday before messy, colder weather moves in for the upcoming week