AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Authorities are investigating after shots were fired at an Amherst County home on Monday.
According to the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a report of shots fired on Monday, Nov. 30, at a residence in the 2800 block of Galts Mill Road in Madison Heights.
When investigators arrived, the sheriff’s office says they recovered multiple shell casings in the road and discovered a residence had been hit numerous times.
Even though authorities say the residents of the house that was struck provided very limited information to investigators, nobody was injured in this incident.
If you have any information that could help investigators identify who is responsible for this shooting, you are encouraged to call Lt. Robert Oliver with the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office at (434) 946-9373, ext. 5. You can also call Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900 or enter a tip online.
- Police looking for driver who evaded authorities at high rate of speed in Montgomery County on Sunday night
- Inaugural day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Amherst County Schools confirm two new COVID-19 cases
- Free workshop shows how COVID restrictions correlate to trends in infections and deaths