ALTAVISTA, Va. (WFXR) — The Town of Altavista has added a new bus shelter on Franklin Avenue. This is the fourth shelter that has been installed along the Altavista Community Transit System (ACTS) route to ensure that passengers have a place to wait for service.
The shelter was paid for by a grant from the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation. All ACTS materials are being updated to include this new stop and will be made available in print and online soon.
The ACTS buses run Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Individuals may request the bus to deviate up to ¾ mile off its route to make pick-ups or drop-offs. This service requires a 24-hour advanced notice and can be scheduled by calling Town Hall at (434) 369-5001.
Through December 31, 2020, all ACTS trips are free of charge.
- Virginia health officials report 2,023 new coronavirus cases, 34 new deaths as of Thursday
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Franklin County crash closes down VA-40, leads to detours
- North Carolina organization buys hotel to house homeless
- Virginia ABC awards grant to Franklin County teens in support of youth leadership efforts to prevent substance use