CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — After a yearlong drug investigation known as “Operation Crystal Clear,” Campbell County authorities say 31 central Virginia residents have been indicted on 62 felony charges.
The Campbell County Sheriff’s Office announced on Sunday, March 14 that its canine unit — with the assistance of the Central Virginia Drug and Gang Task Force (CVDGTF) — has wrapped up a 12-month narcotics investigation.
The CVDGTF reportedly includes narcotics investigators with the Appomattox County Sheriff’s Office, the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office, the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office, and Virginia State Police.
According to the sheriff’s office, the 62 felony charges against the 31 individuals stem from indictments recently handed up by a Campbell County grand jury.
During this extensive investigation, authorities seized more than 7,532 grams of methamphetamine, 227 grams of heroin, and 688 grams of cocaine, with a total estimated street value of $773,654. In addition, 26 illegal firearms were reportedly recovered within Campbell County.
According to officials, the indictments against there 31 individuals include the following:
- Distribution of methamphetamine
- Conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine
- Distribution of heroin
- Distribution of cocaine
- Possession of Schedule I/II
- Possession of Schedule I/II while in possession of a firearm
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Distribution of methamphetamine while in possession of a firearm
Authorities say those apprehended on Friday are being held at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail in Rustburg and the Blue Ridge Regional Jail in Amherst.
Meanwhile, members of the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office, the Appomattox County Sheriff’s Office, the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office, and the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority reportedly assisted with Friday’s arrest round-up.
The Campbell County Sheriff’s Office says the following 19 people are currently in custody:
- Chance Shadow Lobo, DOB 7/11/2000, Lynchburg
- Jerimiah Brooks, DOB 12/8/1979, Forest
- Joseph Johnson, DOB 10/2/1983, Gladys
- Kashone Richburg, DOB 6/18/1999, Lynchburg
- Karen H. Irvine, DOB 1/28/1984, Appomattox
- David Land, DOB 5/24/1992, Java
- Randy Seamster, DOB 2/13/1975, Gladys
- Jordan Donald, DOB 5/13/1999, Evington
- John Brown, DOB 12/16/1984, Rustburg
- Brandon Walker, DOB 6/30/1995, Evington
- Ricky Hucks, Jr., DOB 6/12/1981, Gladys
- Gregory Jarrell, DOB 7/3/1963, Gladys
- Matthew Ogden, DOB 5/25/1993, Rustburg
- Wesley Booker, DOB 11/4/1970, Madison Heights
- Margaret Lindow, DOB 6/4/1979, Madison Heights
- Matthew Dejarnette, DOB 5/23/1986, Gladys
- Debra McCormick, DOB 9/27/1976, Concord
- William Dickerson, DOB 2/17/1983, Concord
- Rodney Waller, DOB 5/1/1997, Rustburg
Meanwhile, as of Sunday night, authorities are still actively searching for the following 12 people in connection with Operation Crystal Clear:
- Brandon Stevens, DOB 2/6/1986, Bedford
- David Dowdy, DOB 12/12/1972, Evington
- William Goode, DOB 12/18/1976, Lynchburg
- Justin Smith, DOB 5/26/1988, Rustburg
- Katherine Davidson, DOB 2/9/1993, Madison Heights
- Erick Smith, DOB 12/24/1969, Madison Heights
- Dominique Saunders, DOB 6/20/1989, Rustburg
- Adolphus Mickles, DOB 7/12/1986, Rustburg
- Ola Williams, DOB 5/12/2001, Amherst
- Kevin Hawkins, DOB 1/26/1994, Rustburg
- Matthew Spencer, DOB 10/13/1989, Rustburg
- Jennifer Jenkins, DOB 3/24/1985, Gladys
If you have any information about the whereabouts of the remaining individuals or these crimes, you are asked to contact the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office at (434) 332-9574 or CrimeStoppers at 1-888-798-5900.