LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The City of Lynchburg announced on Friday that there will be rolling closures on Whitehall Road to accommodate paving operations next week.
According to the city, from Tuesday, Jan. 28 through Thursday, Jan. 30, there will be rolling closures and flagging operations on Whitehall Road between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day. These closures will allow a contractor to perform pavement boring operations along the road.
City officials say that parking lots in the area around Whitehall Road will maintain local access, but motorists should be cautious when traveling through the work zone and remain aware of all flagging operations.
Emergency vehicles will continue to have access to the road at all times.
- Brookville Bees go three-for-three in state wrestling finals
- Christiansburg wrestling finish as state runners-up behind New Kent
- Area teen’s dying wish granted, thanks to generosity of community
- Judge dismisses suit against SWVA Wildlife Center
- SWVA Wildlife Center rehabbing owl found in ‘deplorable’ conditions from drug sting