(WFXR) – Two local agencies are reporting separate scams.
The first is from the Bedford Police Department who says that someone claiming to be an officer with the Bedford Police Department has been leaving messages with people about an outstanding arrest warrant.
In a separate scam, the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office says that an individual is contacting residents regarding a summons to appear in local court.
If you receive one of these calls, you are asked to simply hang up and report it to the local agency they claim to represent.
- Man who mowed lawns for veterans in all 50 states says US denied him a green card
- Virginia ranked as the 3rd hardest state to vote in
- Sitting down with the Marching Virginians’ official forecaster, Ben Sheppard
- Officials: Two new cases of COVID-19 at East Salem, G.W. Carver Elementary Schools in Salem
- Trump eyes hosting election night party at his DC hotel