MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Local first responders are stepping out of their normal job duties to make sure families in their community have a merry holiday.
The Martinsville Sheriff’s Office is running a toy drive for children in Martinsville and Henry Counties. Toys valued between $5 and $10 may be dropped off until Dec. 4 at the sheriff’s office, located at 13 Moss St. in Martinsville.
The Appomattox Volunteer Fire Department, the County Rescue Squad, and Sheriff’s Office have partnered with the area’s social services and Woodmen of the World to collect donations to benefit needy families in the community. The drive is set for Dec. 14, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., at the Appomattox Walmart, located at 505 Oakville Rd.
- Section of Red Valley Road to be closed in Franklin County starting Jan. 25
- Faith leaders are backing a bill to abolish the death penalty in Virginia
- Multiple lives saved by new equipment from Roanoke Fire-EMS
- Biden’s historic Cabinet begins taking shape
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Colorado cafe