LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Liberty University’s indoor swimming and diving building is closed until further notice as the university works to determine the next steps after a dive platform collapsed.
The university says it is working with the general contractor that built the structure, Glass and Associates, to determine what exactly happened.
They are also reviewing third party inspections by Hurt and Proffitt, when the structure was being built.
- Wythe County deputy shot in back: “Despite the bad, there is still a tremendous amount of good in the world and for that we are thankful.”
- Northam says Virginia won’t move forward with students in schools if the state can’t stay in Phase 3
- Roanoke City proclaims 2020 the “Year of Color, Light, and Motion” in honor of artist Dorothy Gillespie
- Video captures man breaking into Denver garage, home while family sleeps
- Security guard charged with murder after fighting with customer over face mask rules