UPDATE 10:25 A.M. – Dr. Stuart Hal Goldstein has waived his arraignment by hiring an attorney.
The surgeon at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski was set to appear at the Montgomery/Christiansburg General District Court at 8:30 a.m.
An updated statement by Goldstein’s attorney is set to be released to the Cerk’s Office.
His next court appearance has not been set.
CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – A surgeon at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski will be arraigned Monday for DUI after police say he hit a pedestrian while behind the wheel.
Dr. Stuart Hal Goldstein, 56, will appear in Montgomery/Christiansburg General District Court at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 13. He will appear before Judge Randal Duncan.
According to the Christiansburg Police Department, Goldstein was driving northbound on North Franklin Street around 8 p.m. when his 2013 Audi struck a man near Walmart.
Authorities say Christiansburg Rescue transported Clarence Michael Hutchinson, 51, to LewisGale Hospital Montgomery in serious condition.
A spokesperson with LewisGale sent the following statement to WFXR after the crash:
“Dr. Stuart Goldstein is a surgeon with LewisGale Hospital Pulaski and an affiliated physician practice. Until the investigation has been completed, we do not have additional information to share. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who were involved in this tragic accident last night.“
WFXR will have a reporter in the courtroom. Stay with WFXRtv.com for the latest information.
- String of 90°days in jeopardy today, as more widespread rain is expected.
- First annual Ronnie Roberts Senior Classic held in Lynchburg
- Lynchburg Black Lives Matter host a community affair
- After VA mother, daughter killed by car fleeing police, software creator wants to make donation to agencies
- Virginia Tech professor discusses African American perspectives on the Fourth of July