Daniel Jared Flint has been arrested on charges related to the former Bedford Middle School fire. Complete coverage below:
UPDATE 3:11 P.M.: A search of Daniel Jared Flint’s history in Bedford County Circuit and General Courts shows several past charges, including an attempted arson charge on related to an October 13, 2016, fire.
UPDATE 3:04 P.M.: Bedford Police announced the arrest of Daniel Jared Flint, 21, of Bedford. He is facing two charges of burglary and arson. Police say he attended the school in the past.
BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — Bedford will hold a news conference on Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 3 p.m. to give an update on the arson investigation of the former Bedford Middle School.
WFXR first reported the fire at the former middle school just before 4 a.m. on Thursday, Jan 23. Fire crews worked to control the fire throughout the day and responded to small patches of fire that reignited overnight.
Investigators found traces of an accelerant and determined the fire was ignited intentionally. Photos from surveillance video captured images of a potential suspect.
Several days after the fire, law enforcement told WFXR they have received several leads but they have not led to identifying a suspect.
WFXR will stream live the news conference at 3 p.m.
- Danville man faces charges in early-March homicide
- Coronavirus Digital Special Report: Roanoke virtual press conference and possible changes to Virginia elections
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies
- Strong to severe storms today and Thursday
- Redskins weigh drafting Chase Young vs. trading No. 2 pick