NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police believe a person or people throwing rocks at incoming traffic is the cause of several crashes including the death of a woman on March 1.
According to VSP, the five-pound rock that crashed through a vehicle windshield on Route 151 and struck the driver was thrown intentionally. The driver, Veronica L. Jones, 58, of Lynchburg, died at the scene.
State Police responded to a similar incident on March 7 at 12:17 p.m., after a driver — traveling in the 700 block of Gunter Hollow Lane — said large rocks were thrown at his vehicle. The driver was not injured in the incident.
State Police these two incidents occurred about two miles from each other.
Police continue to learn of other similar incidents since the March 1 crash.
If you have any information about these incidents or any other incidents, Virginia State Police asks you to call (434) 352-7128.
- Two positive COVID-19 cases confirmed at Amherst County Schools
- Fire department determines cause of Harrisonburg explosion
- DOJ accuses 6 Russian intelligence officers of vast computer hacking
- The Salem Red Sox are gearing up to host the 6th annual Sox Spooktacular this weekend
- VT honors Class of 2024 medical students with White Coat Ceremony