UPDATE 6:15 p.m.: Family members of the victim of today’s possible shooting identify the victim as 29-year-old Carlos Jones; however, police have not confirmed the identity of the victim.
UPDATE 5:10 p.m.: Police in Vinton responded to a report of a malicious wounding.
According to police, they were dispatched to a private residence in the 500 block of Chestnut Street in Vinton.
The initial call came in at 2:15 p.m.; however, the department received multiple 911 calls saying someone had been shot.
When officers arrived, they found one male with critical injuries. Officers remained on the scene to continue their investigation, but they do not believe there is an immediate threat to the community regarding the incident.
No additional information has been released.
VINTON, Va. (WFXR) – A large police presence is currently on Chestnut Street, near Famous Anthony’s in Vinton.
WFXR News’ Alexandria Savage is on-scene and says that there are several police vehicles on the scene.
Stay tuned to WFXRtv.com for more updates on this developing story.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split