UPDATE 11:25 a.m.: The Danville Fire Department says Industrial Avenue has reopened.
DANVILLLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Fire Department responded to a large garage fire at 902 Jefferson Street at 5:45 a.m. on Saturday.
According to the Battalion Chief Brian K. Alderson, first responders were on scene in five minutes and found a large one-story garage with heavy fire venting through the entire roof.
As of 9 a.m., three engines, one ladder, and several support vehicles remain on scene, as well as Danville Life Saving Crew, Danville Police, and Danville Utilities are assisting.
Battalion Chief Alderson says the cause of the fire has not yet been determined. Surrounding buildings are not in danger from the fire, but Industrial Avenue is closed until further notice.
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Staff member at Glenvar High among nine coronavirus cases reported by Roanoke County Public Schools Sunday
- Pinpoint Weather: Decreasing clouds this afternoon and warmer
- Family seeks answers for man missing since 2013