(WFXR) – On Wednesday afternoon, Kroger will be holding a hybrid hiring event — featuring both virtual and on-site interviews — in hopes of finding more than 1,000 new employees.
According to Kroger, this hiring event will take place from 2 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 13. The grocer’s goal for this event is to hire 1,100 associates to fill retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, and pharmacy and healthcare roles.
“Kroger is eager to welcome new associates to our organization as we prepare for an incredible holiday season where customers are planning to safely return to larger family gatherings and celebrations,” said Lori Raya, Kroger Mid-Atlantic division president. “It’s an exciting time to work in grocery retail, and as one of the leading retailers and employers in Virginia, we’re committed to offering associates a job with flexible schedules, competitive pay and benefits and long-term career opportunities. We truly want our associates to have a rewarding and uplifting experience while exceeding our customers’ needs and delivering on our promise to be full, fresh, and friendly.”
Kroger says the company offers the following resources, benefits, and training in order to support and develop employees, as well as make employees’ lives easier:
- Wages and benefits: Kroger provides comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive salaries and wages, healthcare, and retirement.
- Continued education and tuition reimbursement: Kroger’s tuition reimbursement program offers up to $21,000 for both part-time and full-time associates, covering a GED to PhD.
This program has already benefitted 6,789 associates across the country, with hourly associates making up 88.4 percent of those who have taken advantage of the offer so far.
- Training and development: Kroger offers on-demand, role-specific training and resources through FEED desktop and mobile and modern learning platforms like Axonify, as well as leadership; career advancement; and diversity, equity, and inclusion training.
- Health and wellness: Kroger continues to further support associates’ safety, health, and well-being by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy and through resources like The Well-Being Assistant by Magellan Health — which is available 24/7 and offers free counseling sessions — as well as another mental wellness resource known as BetterHelp. The organization also encourages the use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga, and sleep.
In addition, Kroger is still awarding one-time payments of $100 to associates who get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Perks and discounts: Kroger provides flexible scheduling; an advance pay option through DailyPay; and discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel, etc.
“We know that a career looks different for everyone, so we strive to provide the tools and support associates need to create their own path to success. No matter where your journey begins, we have great opportunities for everyone,” said Raya.
If you want to register for Wednesday’s hiring event at Kroger, follow this link.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.