ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Police are investigating a shooting that took place early Monday morning in the 300 block of 9th Street SW.
According to police, officers responded to the area at around 1:15 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 5, and found a juvenile female with a gunshot wound behind a residence.
She was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment of what police say appeared to be a non-life-threatening injury.
Police have not released any additional information, but they say no arrests have been made.
If you have information regarding this incident, you are asked to call the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
- College students in the New River Valley discuss COVID-19 impacts on travel plans
- Hokies All Access – Boston College recap, Wake Forest preview, Hokies get out to vote push, Virginia Tech athletics #Love Initiative
- Roanoke City Schools extends free meal service to the weekend
- Dems, GOP want stimulus package deal before Election Day
- NAACP weighs in on VMI investigation