BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Jury selection is underway in the murder trial of an allege MS-13 gang member accused of murdering a Lynchburg teen in 2017.
Raymond Wood, 17, was found dead in the 1700 block of Roaring Run Road in Bedford County on March 27, 2017.
Kevin Soto Bonilla is charged with capital murder, robbery, abduction, and gang participation.
In a previous trial, Victor Rodas was convicted of 1st-degree murder, abduction, and gang participation. He was acquitted of the robbery charge.
The prosecution in Rodas’ case alleged Raymond Wood was lured from his home for a drug deal, saying he sold marijuana. Prosecutors said he was choked out in the car, then taken from the car and stabbed 29 times along the side of the road. His neck was slit and his right hand was chopped off.
- Virginia lieutenant governor seeks vindication in court
- Aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy to be christened Saturday
- Giant, inflatable Ralphie goes on display outside ‘A Christmas Story’ house
- Senate leaders looking ahead to possible impeachment trial
- Trade tensions worry California farmers