LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A jury found Darius Payne not guilty of felony murder Tuesday afternoon. Payne was on trial in the death of a woman who fatally overdosed on heroin police said he provided.
According to the Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Michael Pflieger, Carrie Joshlyn died after an overdose in her Lynchburg home on Nov. 19, 2016.
Police were called to the house and found Payne at the scene of the overdose. Further investigation determined that Payne had provided Joshlyn with the heroin that led to her death.
Payne was arrested on Sept. 7, 2017, and was held without bond at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail on charges of murder and possession with intent to distribute.
- Pinpoint Weather: A dry weekend, a meteorological rollercoaster next week
- WFXR Sports Sitdown : Roanoke Times UVA beat writer Doug Doughty
- ‘Million-dollar’ cities surging, despite pandemic
- 12-year-old track star goes viral, gains attention from ESPN
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion