MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Suspects who law enforcement chased through Montgomery and Roanoke Counties and then back to Montgomery County have been arrested.
According to Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, several people were allegedly involved in an incident at a bank in the Riner Community. A deputy believed they spotted the suspects’ vehicle, which a witness described. When the deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver sped away onto interstate 81 North, according to the sheriff’s office.
When the driver entered Roanoke County, deputies ended their chase and Virginia state Police became involved, according to authorities.
There was a minor crash in Roanoke County due to the chase. At least one person received minor injuries, said Lt. Mark Hollandsworth of Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
Shortly after entering Roanoke County, the driver turned around and returned towards Christiansburg. and exited at 114 on Intestate 81 South. The driver pulled into a Citgo convenience store, Hollandsworth said.
The sheriff’s office, Christiansburg Police Department and the Virginia State Police took part in the arrest of the suspects.
This incident is under investigation, authorities said.
- Well-being check leads to woman’s arrest for murder in Franklin County
- WFXR Sports Sitdown : Former William Byrd Boys Basketball Head Coach Josh Cunningham makes the move to becoming a pastor
- Lynchburg Water Resources treating sanitary sewer pipes in sections of the city
- New town manager appointed in Rocky Mount
- Baby Great Horned Owl rescued by Black Dog Salvage owner taken to Southwest Virginia Wildlife Center